The digestive system plays a very important role in keeping you healthy. Our body runs on the nutrients that food provides, and the digestive system ensures that those nutrients are absorbed by the body from the food we eat. The end result of the process is the stools, which are excreted out of our body. These are toxic remains that if left in the body for a long duration can lead to dangerous diseases and can cause chronic disorders. Most of diseases are attributed to the accumulation of toxins in our bodies. Not emptying the bowels in the morning impacts the physical and psychological well-being. Regular elimination from the body helps in keeping it clean and disease free.
When the body isn't eliminated from toxic contents it can lead to constipation, diarrhea, and food poisoning. Ayurveda has a lot to say about why these types of imbalances are so common and what we can do to correct them.
According to Ayurveda, one should empty the bowels every morning to feel relaxed and energized throughout the day.
Importance of Excretion:
Ayurveda views elimination as an important indicator of overall health because healthy elimination generally points to strong Agni (digestive fire), which is one of the cornerstones of well-being and longevity.
Ayurveda recognizes that the digestive tract is the very first place where imbalances arise in the body. This being the case, our stools tend to offer very early warning signs that something is amiss physiologically, even if the imbalance is fairly minor at first.
If an emerging imbalance is not properly addressed, it will either take root in the digestive tract (as a more serious condition), or spread to other tissues and create disturbances there. If, on the other hand, we can learn to understand and respond to the early indications of discord, our bodies have a remarkable ability to self-correct and heal.
The importance of excretion lies in the fact that it regulates the systematic working of all the body organs and keeps us healthy. For steady bowels, it is important to eat healthily and regularly, exercise daily, and drink lots of water. Excretion indicates the lessening of anxiety and stress levels in a person and also regulates body temperature and blood pressure levels.
Our body functions according to our daily routines and excretions are one of the most important ones. The waste material that is created at night can be passed on to the system the next day if it is not cleared well in time. This imbalance can also affect your sexual and menstrual health as well and make you feel drowsy, and uncomfortable throughout the day. It can lead to various skin infections like acne, blackheads, etc.
The importance of regular elimination is a major health matter and if bowel movements are not regular they can cause chronic constipation. Constipation can also be a result of various factors like unhealthy lifestyles, bacterial gastro infections, lack of fibre in diet, dehydration, stress, etc. Drinking enough water daily can help improve digestion. One’s feelings and emotions play an important role in influencing bowel movements. Too much stress or anxiety can cause diarrhea or even constipation.
- Always take a short walk after meals
- Meditation is another way to reduce stress and aid regular elimination.
- Eat a healthy and rich diet full of fresh fruits and vegetables
- Avoid eating canned food and take more fibre intake in your daily diet.
- Drink warm water before defecation as it acts as lubricant. Always eat food that is easy to digest.
● Triphala - One of the best-known Ayurvedic laxatives is Triphala. It is promoted as a treatment for a number of common ailments and a way to prevent chronic disease. It has anti-inflammatory properties that aid digestion, regulate blood pressure, and control cholesterol. It is the best remedy to protect the liver and inhibit the growth of tumors. Due to its antioxidant properties, it can help reduce the oxidative stress of the body.
Check out: Triphala Churna.
● Senna - Is are an herb used in Ayurvedic medicine for centuries. Compounds in This herb (sennosides) stimulate the lining of the bowel, usually bringing constipation relief in 6 to 12 hours.
● Castor oil - It is a very commonly used laxative. Castor oil's fatty acids are natural humectants, substances used to moisturize the skin by preventing water loss. This effect can promote good skin health, relieve dryness, and soothe skin inflammation.
Dealing with Constipation can get in the way of one’s day-to-day life. It can lead to numerous other diseases because the body is unable to detoxify. If one faces constipation, it is very important that they consult doctors. If early signs of bowel disorders are ignored it can lead to kidney failure, colon blockages, etc. and many further diseases that could be fatal.
One should always take immense care of their health by eating healthy, doing regular exercise, and by making sure that their body is carrying out all the bodily functions accurately. One should never skip or try to control going to the washroom to relieve themselves.If our lifestyle and habits are healthy so will our bowel movements. The secret of being healthy is having a clean and non-toxic body. This is not a topic to be hidden or ignored. One should always be vigilant towards the signs given by their body.