- How well do you know your skin? Are you aware of your skin type and know how to keep it healthy?
Skin is your body’s canvas and one of the most valuable assets that reflects your health. There is no perfect recipe to get perfect skin. Skin can either be oily or dry.
Ayurveda says beauty comes from within and has got several beauty practices to give a healthy, glowing skin. Depending on your body constitution, our skin tends to change according to seasons and with age. Ayurveda outlines three steps to beautiful skin. They are cleansed, nourish and moisturize.
Cleanse: You can make an ubtan by mixing equal parts of chickpea flour and dry milk powder, mix it with water to make a paste. Scrub and rinse off the face. Make your own face wash specifically to each skin type/doshas.
Nourish & Moisturize: Body oil massage is the best way to nourish and moisturize your skin. ‘Charak Samhita’ suggests that ‘Abhyanga’ works by pacifying the doshas, enhances the complexion, tones the body and acts a natural moisturizer. You can easily make a body oil by mixing almond oil with orange or geranium essential oil for dry skin, almond oil with jasmine or sandalwood essential oil for sensitive skin, almond oil with lavender or bergamot essential oil for oily skin type.
General skin care tips –
- Wash your face daily in the morning and in the night before you go to sleep.
- Do not forget to take off your make-up every day.
- Massage in your moisturizer in a circular motion with gentle pressure, which makes you feel good.
- Always apply sunscreens of at least 15 SPF and protect your skin from the scorching sun.
- Eat fresh fruits, green vegetables, sufficient proteins and vitamins. A diet rich in Vitamin C and low in fats, sugar promotes radiant skin.
- Drink lots of water at least 8 glasses of water, to keep yourself hydrated.
- Ensure 6 – 8 hours of sleep every day. Lack of sleep makes your skin tired.
- Do exercise regularly and indulge in running, jogging, or practice Yoga.
Amrutam offers all natural Ayurvedic skin care products such as Amrutam Herbal Ubtan, Amrutam Face Clean up, Ashtagandh Body Lotion and Nari Sondarya oil.
Few Natural Tips –
- Start your day with fresh coconut water to keep you hydrated throughout the day.
- Use organic papaya mask once or twice a week to remove dead skin and exfoliate your face.
- Use green tea as a toner to brighten your dull skin.
- Try using tea tree oil to eliminate pimples and get clean & clear skin.
- Use olive oil to repair damaged hair ends.
- Place cool cucumber slices over eyelids to reduce puffiness and soothe your tired eyes.
- Rose water is an excellent cleanser, toner; and also helps hydrate, revitalize and moisturize skin.
Easy right? Do follow these natural beauty tips and have flawless skin.