Here's a glimpse of what happened at Amrutam last week!
What’s new at Amrutam
- Amrutam recently launched a mental health podcast titled ‘Rediscovering Self with Amrutam’ that will feature mental health professional discussing a wide variety of concerns throughout the first season. The first episode is out, check out here.
- On popular demand, Amrutam colourful boxes are back in stock! You’d be seeing a lot of colours with your orders of personal care range, again! We take your feedback very sincerely and this is a small gesture to show how much we care. 😊
- During the changing weather, a deep conditioning shampoo is a must add to your haircare routine. Worry not, we’ve got you covered! Kuntal Care Herbal Shampoo is just the recipe you need for healthy, strong and dynamic hair.
A quote we like
- “Stop justifying every meal you eat. Focus on eating mindfully, observing your feelings towards it”
Articles you might enjoy reading
- Dhatura: A Poison with Health Benefits
- In Ayurveda, Dhatura is classified as Upavisha because it is less toxic and shows its side effects on consumption only. This plant is harmful without the Sodhana process because it is the process of purification. It is mentioned in several Ayurvedic books that it can cure certain problems such as, Deepana (treatment of hypo functioning of Jataragni/digestive fire), Pachana (helps in digestion and neutralize Ama), Kustha (treats skin problems), Hridaya (treats heart problems), etc. This plant has Katu (pungent), Tikta Rasa (bitter taste), Laghu (light), and Ruksha Guna (dry quality) which helps to pacify the Vata dosha and controls Kapha dosha to get the balance among all the three doshas and to make our body balanced. As it has Ushna Virya (hot potency) so can lead to more heat in the body by increasing the Pitta dosha.
- Shikakai: The secret to healthy hair
- It is nly seen in the warm plains of central and southern India. This plant belongs to the family of legumes or the family of pea or beans. In warm, dry climate regions, the plant grows abundantly. Shikakai is an essential ayurvedic herb with special properties such as bitter and astringent taste. It acts on Vaat and pitta dosha in the body. Shikakai consists of anti-inflammatory properties as well as wound healing properties. It is best known for its hair care properties.
That's all for this week at Amrutam! :)