We, as humans, living a fast-paced life, often forget the incredible things that happen inside our bodies, and we forget to be grateful for the things our organs do. Hence this World Liver Day, let's learn more about an organ that does more than we've ever thought possible.
Get to know your Liver
It is the second-largest organ and helps the human body process nutrients from food, make bile, remove toxins from the body, and build proteins.
Now let's learn a little bit about what causes liver diseases:
- Infection caused by parasites and viruses can increase inflammation and affect functioning. The most common infections are Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, and Hepatitis C.
- There are also times when the liver is affected due to an immune system abnormality. Primary biliary cholangitis and primary sclerosing cholangitis are a few of the abnormalities.
- Cancers such as liver cancer, Bile duct cancer, and liver adenoma.
- Diseases can also be caused due to the genetics in a person, sometimes a person can inherit an abnormal gene from one or both of your parents, resulting in liver damage.
- Other than the above causes diseases can also be a result of chronic alcohol abuse, Fat accumulation, and certain prescriptions.
One can follow these dos and don't for a healthy liver:
- Consume More Leafy Green Veggies
- Adding Garlic to your Food
- Add More Good Fats, Vitamin C and Turmeric to your Diet
- Reducing alcohol consumption
- Avoid Bingeing On Fatty Foods
- Avoid Excessive Salty And Sugary Foods
Fact: A healthy liver has the amazing ability to grow back, or regenerate when it is damaged.
Keeping in mind the dos and dont's you can add also add a few things to your diet to maintain a healthy liver.
Coffee is well known for promoting good liver health. Additionally, it prevents liver diseases and protects the organ which is already suffering from them. It improves the levels of antioxidants in the body, which decreases inflammation and lowers the risk of liver disease, cancer, and fatty liver.
Tea is considered to be beneficial for health. There is evidence that shows that it may have particular benefits for the liver. According to research, green and black tea full of antioxidants helps boost enzyme levels and fat levels.
Try our own Keyliv Strong Syrup
Few human studies show that grapes and grape seed extract protect from damage, increase antioxidant levels, and fight inflammation. It is because of the plant compounds found in grapes, especially red and purple grapes. Resveratrol is one of them and is particularly well known for its health benefits.
4. Beetroot juice
It is a source of nitrates and antioxidants called betalains, which aid in maintaining a healthy heart and reduce oxidative damage and inflammation.
Nuts contain unsaturated fatty acids, vitamin E, and antioxidants. This helps in keeping the liver healthy and protects it from NAFLD
6. Olive oil
Olive oil has many health benefits, including its effects on the heart and metabolic health, it is considered a healthy fat.
Furthermore, its positive effects are not just limited to the heart, but it also helps to maintain a healthy liver. The consumption of olive oil helps in reducing fat levels, increases blood flow, and improves enzyme levels.
7. Fatty fish
Fatty fish is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which are good fats that help reduce inflammation. It aids in maintaining enzyme levels and prevents the buildup of excess fats.
Now if you have added all the above things to your diet and are looking for something more, then Amrutam has got you covered with our own Keyliv Range. This range consists of Keyliv Malt, Keyliv Capsules, and Keyliv Strong Syrup which not only help in maintaining a healthy liver but also help promote cellular lifespan and support optimal detox performance.
We hope that this blog serves as a food for thought, and helps in choosing the right food for a healthy liver.