Here's a glimpse of what happened at Amrutam last week!
What’s new at Amrutam
- Last week was International Yoga Day and while the day is meant to celebrate this ancient healing practice, we must remember to incorporate or at least try to inculcate the yogic principles in our lives every day. To provide a wider understanding of women’s sexual and mental health, we organized a live session with Disha Deshpande, a yoga teacher and reiki healer. You can check it out here!
- Hair care during monsoons can seem daunting considering the amount of moisture in the air and the risks of infections. But did you know that the medicinal herb Bhringraj actually grows in areas with moisture? Regarded as “rasayana”, it rejuvenates our health and slows down the aging process! Learn more.
- Speaking of seasonal changes, our skin goes through a really rough time during this transition. It is important that we take out some time – even 10 minutes from our 24 hours – for our skincare. Here’s a short video that will help you understand why natural skincare is essential and how healthy skin is an extension of our inner health!
- As Pride Month comes to an end, we want to take this opportunity to talk about what our Vedas and ancient literature say about Homosexuality and Transgender Roles. Contrary to popular belief, gender fluidity and varying sexual orientations have not only been understood as natural but have also been embraced by Indian culture. Tap on to read more!
- We are hosting this really fun GIVEAWAY on our Instagram page where we ask our community members what makes Amrutam unique! Head on to this post and participate NOW.
A quote we like
“Your body hears everything your mind says.”
- We are so happy to share with you that Amrutam was featured in this edition of GQ India. The feature read the following:
- ““We may have stumbled upon Amrutam via an IG ad, but the Ayurvedic lifestyle and wellness platform quickly became a verified winner for us. The holistic brand offers skin, hair and inner therapy solutions, all infused with natural ingredients and each tackling a specific problem. It’s equally beneficial if you’re looking for wholesome goodness. While there is no dearth of chemical-free, healing products out there, we can safely say that this one truly works and won’t need you to break the bank.”
- Thank you for all the love and support you continue to shower on us! We are supremely grateful. 😊
Articles you might enjoy reading
- Rediscovering Ayurveda x Muskan Soni
- I started paying attention to what all these Vedic books are trying to teach me. I have always been a Nature seeker, a curious kid, always wondering the relationship between mind, body, spirit and universe. Well, could anyone get so lucky to have landed in an academic course, that answers all these curiosity-filled questions? I have! Today being second year medical student, I have become a complete follower of Ayurveda, and aspire to introduce it into many people’s lives; hence the blogging and a page all dedicated to Ayurveda.
- All You Need to Know About Bhringraj – The King of Herbs
- It is a creeper, annual, erect and grows in moist places all over the world. Native to India and Southwest America. It is found throughout India in paddy-growing fields and belongs to the sunflower family. There are 4 varieties of Bhringraj based on the colour of their flower. Most common is white Eclipta alba. White and yellow varieties are extensively used in Ayurvedic medicines.
An Amrutam Expert’s tip on health and wellness
- This week we have our expert from Amrutam.Global Dr. Surabhi Pathak sharing her special tips on improving overall health and wellbeing!
- “Perform Nasya – the act of putting medicated oil in both the nostrils for purification of all the organs in the upper extremity is called Nasya.”
- If you are looking for a holistic solution for your child’s overall health and wellness, look no further! Book a consultation with Dr. Surabhi Pathak on Amrutam.Global today.
That's all for this week at Amrutam!